More good news, even better than the last, if you can believe that; I think sufficient time has now passed to move on from the momentary Wall reunion, but I’d like to thank you once again for taking the time to share the excitement of the occasion by sharing such enjoyable comments. The feedback was incredible and much appreciated.
Anyway, evidently, the world didn’t end on Saturday. Really, we’re still here and nobody, at least as far as I’m aware, has been ‘raptured’. I know that several of you (godless heathens possibly, or perhaps just supremely confident that you were one of the fortunate 200 million not to be left behind) gave the implicit suggestion in your aforementioned comments that you wouldn’t have minded all that much if it had ended. But it didn’t, so I think that’s cause for celebration. We’ll start with this jolly, upbeat number – from R.E.M.:
Here are some other cheery songs for you to identify from their opening lines. Please add some of your own to help kick off what I hope will be a thoroughly positive and uplifting (get it?) week for everybody reading with, presumably, nothing better to do than play along.
01. It’s a nice day to start again
02. Woke up this morning feeling fine
03. We are young, we run green
04. What a beautiful day
05. Tonight I’m gonna have myself a real good time
06. There’s a calm surrender to the rush of day
07. First I was afraid, I was petrified
08. Baby, I feel good from the moment I rise
09. Birds flying high, you know how I feel
10. Sun is shining in the sky
The chatroom will be open tomorrow from 1pm (UK) and you’re most welcome to visit. Will our moods still be so high, I wonder. The world could end at any time, after all. I greatly doubt that it will be advertised…