For fans making their way to Brixton tomorrow, please note that there are engineering works on the Victoria line this weekend, so there are no trains south-bound between Victoria and Brixton.
North-bound services will be in operation.
There is a replacement bus service. However, please add at least half an hour to your journey time.
Alternatively, the nearest tube station is Stockwell on the Northern line. There are buses from Stockwell to Brixton. If you’d prefer to walk, it takes about 20 minutes.
For further information, please visit www.tfl.gov.uk or telephone 020 7222 1234 (24 hours).
It’s the North American premiere of ‘Remember That Night: David Gilmour Live At The Royal Albert Hall’ next.
Whether you’ll be at Brixton’s Ritzy on Saturday, or watching from one of 166 cinemas across Canada and the United States, I look forward to hearing all about it.
The event will be filmed and will be available, here at DavidGilmour.com, next week.
The event will be hosted by Phil Manzanera.
There are still some tickets available for both Canada and the US, so, if you’d like to attend, details of participating cinemas and online bookings can be found at Cineplex (Canada) and Fathom Events (US).
I hope you all enjoy the event and have a good weekend.
I leave you with a round-up of goodies that are coming up this weekend, as well as others which you may not have seen, heard, or read yet. More to come on Monday.
– MOJO Radio are having a Pink Floyd & David Gilmour weekend, starting today. Don’t miss an interview with David on Sunday. As well as being able to listen online, you can also listen through your TV in the UK: Sky channel 0182, Freeview channel 721.
– VH1 Classic in the US will be showcasing 60-minutes of ‘Remember That Night’ on Saturday. That starts at 7PM (EST).
– Guy Pratt interviewed David for Planet Rock in the build-up to Thursday’s Leicester Square premiere. You’ll find the option to listen to old shows by clicking LISTEN LIVE at the top (then you want the third link beneath Nicky Horne’s show). Don’t forget to watch the videos, too.
– There’s an interview with David in the latest edition of Word magazine, which you can find in the Press section. Alternatively, you can order a copy through this link and have it delivered to any part of the world.
– There are brief interviews with David regarding the North American event in the Press section. More are being added just as soon as we get them in (more later today), so please keep an eye on it.
– If you had trouble with the AOL videos, we’ll have ‘The Blue’, ‘Coming Back To Life’, ‘Fat Old Sun’, ‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’ and ‘Take A Breath’ in the DVD section later today. Don’t miss those.
‘Remember That Night’ is released today in Austria, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, the Republic of Ireland and Switzerland. If you’ve got your copy, we hope you like it. Let us know.
If your country is not covered above, please see the calendar for worldwide release dates (apologies now to Brazil, Mexico and Japan).