Here’s a summary of ‘Remember That Night’:
– It’s released on Monday 17 September in Europe, Tuesday 18 September in North America.
– There will be two discs (DVD-9 dual layer discs, in fact, which allow a greater playing time).
– There will be high-resolution versions in both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD to follow the standard release. I’ll let you know the release date as soon as I can.
– Disc one is the concert, containing 23 songs from the Royal Albert Hall gigs of May 2006. If you played Blotto, you’ll know them by now. Click here if you don’t.
– Disc two is full of extras.
– For starters, there are five bonus songs from the Royal Albert Hall: ‘Wot’s… Uh The Deal, ‘Dominoes’, ‘Wearing The Inside Out’, ‘Arnold Layne’ and ‘Comfortably Numb’.
– There will be three documentaries. The main one, ‘Breaking Bread, Drinking Wine’, contains behind-the-scenes tour footage from the rehearsals in Bray right through to the final show in Gdańsk.
– There’s also a short film from America’s West Coast. Richard Wright is to blame for shooting some of the backstage footage.
– The third is a documentary on the making of the ‘On an Island’ album. This is an edited version of the Electronic Press Kit (EPK), but with some extra songs from the recording sessions.
– The tracks ‘Castellorizon’, ‘On An Island’, ‘The Blue’, ‘Take A Breath’ and ‘High Hopes’, from London’s Mermaid Theatre (March 2006), will be included.
– ‘Astronomy Domine’, as recorded for the ‘Live From Abbey Road’ television series, is on there…
– As is ‘This Heaven’ from the AOL Sessions. (This has been re-edited, by the way, so is an improvement on the version that can be found on the ‘Live And In Session’ disc.)
– The ‘Dark Globe’ video that we’ve been showing on the website is included.
– The promo videos for ‘On an Island’ and ‘Smile’ are also on there.
– There’s a new version of ‘Island Jam’, featuring David, Richard, Stevie and Guy.
– There is also a fine photo gallery.
How does that sound?
Please hold on to your answer for the time being, because you’ll notice that there’s no comment form. That’s because the blog is closed for the weekend. I do, however, have a new poll for you. You can let us know how you rate this DVD by casting your vote.
Thank you all for your comments about the DVD. I think we’ve all enjoyed reading them.
Now, that’s your lot for this week. Back on Monday.
Have a good weekend… and please find time to play some of Syd Barrett’s songs on this, the first anniversary, of his death.