With David’s triumphant 32-date tour done and dusted, I wondered: what are your stand-out memories from the tour?
I’d like to compile your thoughts into a poll so that we can vote on a short-list and see which the fans consider to be its best, and worst, moments.
So far, the best moments for me are (in order of date):
– Realising that ‘Echoes’ was being performed
– The live version of ‘Take A Breath’
– David and the band appearing on Jay Leno
– The Royal Albert Hall fighting eBay
– David Bowie singing ‘Arnold Layne’
– The wine glass intro to ‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’
– David’s surprise rendition of ‘Dark Globe’
– The great honour and significance of being invited to Gdańsk
Perhaps we could do one for the worst moments of the tour, too. The incident at JFK airport, the postponement of the Venice shows, endless ticketing confusion, people constantly flashing their bloody cameras, venues selling alcohol to people who clearly couldn’t cope with it…
Whatever sticks out in your mind, let us know. No long lists, please. We all want to know why, not just read through long, boring lists.
The most common suggestions will be included in the two polls, which will run over the next few weeks.